Monday, 5 August 2013

Evie's Pleasure

Here’s another short excerpt from my WIP 


Evie glanced at the clock.  Home time.  She breathed a sigh of relief.  She’d been wound up ever since she’d spoken with Matteo.  Thank goodness he’d been absent for the rest of the day.

Antonio suddenly made his way to her.  “Evie.”

She smiled.  He was covered in paint.  She breathed him in, captivated by the scent of his creativity.  “Hi.”

He kissed her.  “I’ve missed you.  Do you want to have dinner with me?”

She smiled again.  Antonio was so uncomplicated.  “I’d love to.”

“But first, I want to show you what I’ve been working on.”

She lifted her brows.  “I thought artists didn’t share their work until they were complete.”

He laughed.  “I don’t usually.  But I want your opinion.”

Her heart raced.  “I’m flattered.”

He gave her a crooked smile. “Evie, you’re resume speaks highly of your experience.  That’s why I hired you.”

Antonio fucks all his assistants.  Matteo’s words grated.

“What happened to your last assistant?” she asked.

He shook his head.  “Virginia became attached and lost sight of her position.”

Evie stared and swallowed the lump in her throat.  “Her position?”

Antonio sighed.  “She was my assistant not my wife.  She made a few bad decisions.”

Evie took a breath.  “Oh.”

Picture:Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I honestly don't know why no one hasn't commented on it, but your piece sounds interesting and good! Love your WIP.

    ReplyDelete